I'm sharing some information on a rain barrel fundraiser from the Woodroffe Habitat for Humanity club! A friend of mine teaches at the school and is involved in the project.
Why are rain-barrels awesome?
- they are made of recycled materials ;
- they capture rain and save on water bills;
- they feed your plants rain water instead of chlorine and fluoride;
- take better care of the environment AND sewer systems;
- proceeds from the sale are going towards supporting quality housing for low-income families in Nicaragua~through Woodroffe High School’s Habitat build
Next March break, 11 Woodroffe High School students are planning on making a difference. Instead of a March break of sun, surf and sand, they are going to help a needy Nicaraguan family build a home and build hope for their future. Please consider supporting the fundraising efforts by purchasing a rain barrel.
Each 180 – 220 L (45 – 55 gallon) rain barrel comes fully equipped with a leaf and mosquito filter basket, an overflow adaptor that permits multiple barrels to be connected in series, 1.2m of overflow hose and a spigot that attaches directly to a garden hose.
The price is only $55. Pay online or order for cash upon delivery at http://rainbarrel.ca/woodroffe/ for delivery June 16th at Woodroffe High School!